The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNMC) and the United Nations Association of Malaysia (UNAM) are pleased to announce the fifth Tengku Ahmad Rithauddeen Award Essay Writing Competition.
The Award is named in honour of the Founding member of UNAM, YM Tengku Ahmad Rithauddeen bin Tengku Ismail. YM Tengku Ahmad Rithauddeen bin Tengku Ismail served as Minister in several portfolios in the Malaysian government and was named an Ambassador for Peace in 2005.
Students aged between 17 to 21 years of age (as of 31 December 2019) in Malaysia are eligible to enter.
The questions and criteria for this Award are:
Topic: Corruption: what does it mean to your generation? How can corruption, in your view, be reduced or eliminated in Malaysia?
- The submission should be between 1,500 to 2,000 words;
- Must be an original piece of work;
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the issues;
- Well-written and inspiring with a persuasive call to action on the issues of corruption;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the obstacles to those actions;
- Provides thoughtful suggestions; and
- May want to make references to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the writing.
- Submission must be by a single author.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- First prize: RM 2,000.00
- Second prize: RM1,500.00
- Third prize: RM1,000.00
The winning submissions will be selected by a panel of judges from the University of Nottingham and the United Nations Association of Malaysia. The judges will also name for commendation five (5) further entries.
Only one (1) entry per student is permitted.
Entries by previous winners of the competition will not be considered.
Entries to the competition must be unique (i.e. not published elsewhere or submitted to other essay competition) and original in content. Entries found to contain plagiarism will be disqualified. A bibliography acknowledging references to existing work is required.
Submissions as well as a completed entry form signed by the author should be sent via email (as attachment in word or pdf format) to [email protected].
The deadline for submission is 13 September 2019, Friday.
© Original article from nottingham.edu.my